Welcome! 登入 註冊
美寶首頁 美寶百科 美寶論壇 美寶部落格 美寶地圖

Advanced

《康德判斷力批判》第11節第1段閱讀筆記與問題

Posted by HP 
Section Title:
A Judgment of Taste Is Based on Nothing but the Form of Purposiveness of an Object (or of the Way of Presenting It

Interesting Comparison:

based on vs. determined by

Based on: "Hence a judgment of taste cannot be based on a subjective purpose."

Determined by: "But a judgment of taste also cannot be determined by a presentation of an objective purpose, ...

Quote: "...it[sup]*[/sup] involves merely the relation of the presentational powers[sup]**[/sup] to each other, insofar as they are determined by a presentation."

Question: I am curious about what "a presentation" means, more precisely: a presentation of "what?"

* I think "it" means "a judgment of taste" here.
** A reminder to myself: "presentational powers" should mean "cognitive powers" (see http://mepopedia.com/?page=122).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 07:57PM by HP.
(編輯記錄)

[color=#0033CC]Please see my response below:[/color]

Interesting Comparison:

based on vs. determined by

Based on: "Hence a judgment of taste cannot be based on a subjective purpose."

Determined by: "But a judgment of taste also cannot be determined by a presentation of an objective purpose, ...

Quote: "...it* involves merely the relation of the presentational powers** to each other, insofar as they are determined by a presentation."

Question: I am curious about what "a presentation" means, more precisely: a presentation of "what?"

[color=#0033CC]A presentation of the object appreciated; in the very presentation, the relation between the cognitive/representational powers, namely, imagination and understanding, is determined in certain fashion that allows for on the one hand our awareness of the object as one in space and time as well as in experience, on the other our awareness of its being beautiful, namely our awareness of our appreciating the object. In this sense, Kant writes "in sofar as they are determined by a presentation." It is at one time not only a presentation of the object appreciated, but also a presentation of beauty.[/color]

* I think "it" means "a judgment of taste" here. [color=#0033CC]Yes![/color]
** A reminder to myself: "presentational powers" should mean "cognitive powers" (see http://mepopedia.com/?page=122).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 01:37AM by gustav.
(編輯記錄)